2013年2月1日金曜日

Chocolates and blog anxieties

I keep on writing things, save them to draft, edit repeatedly, and never publish them. I have a bad habit of going on and on so my writing is never concise or succinct. That's the problem with writing about your interests - you think about it so much, you want to tell it all. I don't talk so well in person (I think I left my social skills in kindergarten) so I think too much, and I tend to write in a stream of consciousness style - neither of these really help at all. I also have very extreme writing skills - either incoherent stream-of-thought, or uptight academic writing. I can never a good in-between, something casual.
I think it's also clear that I can't do humor.

So I'll be short. Let me start with... chocolate?
Yeah, chocolate's a good topic. There can never be enough chocolate in my life.
Ok that's not true, my cravings ebb and flow, but I think you get the point. This is not because my birthday is on Valentine's Day. I just have a hereditary sweet tooth from my father's side. Valentine's Day in Japan is a whole other issue, so that'll have to wait for another day.

All I'm thinking right now is how I want strawberry chocolate and it's only 9 in the morning. I don't know why or how, but chocolates here (in North America) and chocolates in Japan taste so different. Both are very good, but they're so... different. There's no other way to put it. Someone must have done a study on chocolates around the world. I think I should look it up.

I will appreciate hot chocolate too... I just really want something sweet today.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿