2013年10月15日火曜日

Friends, Hoodies, and 7kg Turkeys

Yesterday was my 6th Canadian Thanksgiving spent in Toronto, but my first ever meaningful Thanksgiving spent with friends that I care about (a lot)... and a 7kg turkey, amongst other awesome foods.

Yes, a 7kg turkey. There's a story to that but it's not mine to tell.
All I can say is that the 3.5h wait was very, very worth it.
The point is that this Thanksgiving, I was really thankful that I had people to spend it with. And good food surely helped.
There were episodes of Friends and The Simpsons involved, too.

I've been in a very sort of nostalgic, reflective mood a lot. Having a great (well, the best) Thanksgiving with friends seems to have spurred it a little further.
It's starting to really hit me that I've been here for 5 years (and steadily moving through my 6th). It's been quite a long time since I moved here. Time files.
My first 4 years here (in undergrad) had been a tumultuous experience - in terms of personal issues - so much, that since I graduated, I really wanted nothing to do with university life. No more old class notes, no hoodies, no backpacks, nothing that would remind me of all the personal things that happened in those years.

Today, I wore an old UofT hoodie that I've been neglecting since last June. It's a bit chilly, but not cold enough for a jacket.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿